Daytona Beach has been known since the 1920s as the “world’s most famous beach”. It was MTV’s first Spring Break reality show, known for bike week and of course for Daytona International Speedway, home of the super bowl of race car driving. Here are a few fun facts about this great beach town.
1. The Daytona Beach area consists of seven cities and towns including Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona and Holly Hill.
2. Cars are still allowed to drive on areas of the beach, but not faster than 10 mph.
3. Manatees visit its rivers and canals during the Summer and migrating whales can be seen from the shores during the winter months.
4. The tallest lighthouse in Florida is located at the southern tip of Daytona Beach in the town of Ponce Inlet.
5. In 1902, Daytona Beach, was the site of the first automobile and motorcycle races and is known as the birthplace of speed.
Whether you are looking to visit or make a move to Daytona Beach, there is something to offer everyone in the family. From the shops, restaurants and recreation of Ocean Walk to the festivals held there throughout the year, there is never a dull moment.