If you’re thinking about moving to or visiting West Palm Beach, here are a few facts that you should know.
1. West Palm Beach is a small city with just over 100,000 residents.
2. The Summer kicks off with SunFest. The largest waterfront music and arts festival in Florida takes place downtown every May.
3. When you scuba dive here, you don’t swim, you ride the Gulf Stream. It’s called drift diving, and ideally all you do is breath and remain as still as possible. As you float by, you’ll see turtles, sharks, and various other creatures. After you’re done drifting, a boat will pick up, and the tyranny of controlling your body begins anew.
4. Like the Zoo? The Palm Beach Zoo is small, but it’s a great place to catch a glimpse of wild local— river otters, Florida panthers, gators—and more exotic species, such as tigers, jaguars, and a whole lotta monkeys. The lush tropical canopy ensures you’re cool and shaded throughout your visit.
5. Palm Beach County has the most golf courses of any county in Florida. Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods live here. For that matter, the PGA lives here—its headquarters is in Palm Beach Gardens.
6. Rainy Summers. The typical Summer is consists of daily afternoon showers.
7. You can bike thru the backyard of the rich. A nice trail winds thru the backyard of he wealthiest residents.