At Strongman Movers, we are constantly researching and reading all the current moving information. And in the process, we have collected some interesting facts that you may not know about. Such as, did you know the average American moves 11.7 times in their lifetime?
Continue reading to learn more about how and why the Average American moves.
1. There was a decline in 2016 according to the U.S. Census Bureau. They found the percentage of people who moved in 2016 was historically low. Just over 11% of Americans made a move that year.
2. In total 314,992,000 people moved in the U.S. during 2016.2
3. Ladies move more than guys. In 2016 6.6 million more females moved than males.
4. The largest age group for movers is 18-34 years old. Within that group 25-29 year olds moved the most.
5. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found that 3 out of 10 college graduates move out of their alma mater’s state within five years of graduation. Furthermore, 35% of college grads don’t live in their home state.
6. According to surveys from the U.S. Census Bureau 42.2% of people make a move for house-related reasons, 27.4% of people move for personal reasons, and 20.2% move for employment-related reasons.
7. More people moved to Texas than any other state in 2016. But Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Florida and Washington had the highest overall population growth.
8. Friday is the most popular moving day of the week.
9. Half of all moves happen between May and September.
10. 60 Boxes: that’s the average number used for a move
11. Americans believe that moving is the third most stressful life event after a death in the family and divorce.
12. Professional movers are required by federal law to supply all clients with the booklet Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.
Strongman Movers, LLC knows a lot about how to make a move as stress-free as possible. Visit our website today for an instant online quote!